Now we understand the impact of Corona Virus (COVID 19) more clearly and would like to assure our customers that we are taking every precaution to keep both our customers and our employees safe in these uncertain times.
We are still operational and taking bookings for 2020. We will continue to monitor and follow UK Government and Public Health England.
We have adopted a zero contact rule for all employees, so please keep this in mind when approaching us on site.
Honeycomb Marquees Procedures to reduce infection risk
- We are in contact every day to keep up to date with everyone’s health and following the government’s guidance on self-isolation/quarantine. All staff are encouraged to report any symptoms and they are dealt with according to the government’s guidance.
- If any outbreaks are linked with any of our clients we will reduce contact to an absolute minimum. This will be handled on a case by case basis and a decision will be made using the government guidance.
- We will comply with any investigation by relevant authorities.
- Our employees will only be attending work that is deemed safe to do so. Every employee has been briefed to use the following tools to reduce risk.
- Reduce contact with the customer. We usually enjoy conversing with our customers, but at this time we will be reducing it to a minimum and asking customers to stay in a separate room while we carry out the work. We are trying to keep 2 metres distance at all times.
- We will be using masks and gloves where we are needed to be within 3 to 2 meters of each other or inside, including employees, customers and the public. The nature of marquee work means we are able to erect marquees keeping suitable distance apart.
- Staff are washing their hands before and after site entry.
- We are keeping records of the staff contact, training and updates.
Thank you to our customers during these difficult times.
From all of us at Honeycomb Marquees, stay safe.